除了MA301外，瑞士Weiss推出了Network Card，所有現有Weiss的DAC都能付費加裝(包括DAC202, Medea, Medus, DAC1, DAC2, Minerva)，讓DAC擁有UPnP/DLNA的功能，支援32Bit/192kHz的音樂檔案串流，包括讀取NAS(Network Attached Storage)或是電腦中分享的音樂檔案、也可透過行動裝置、手機、平板的的APP來控制歌曲的播放給DAC進行解碼，有意安裝Network的Weiss用家請與本地代理商音悅音響聯繫。
原廠新聞稿：AUDIO OVER ETHERNET
I am happy to announce another interface for upgrading our D/A Converter models: An audio over Ethernet card which supports all standard rates up to 192kHz and all the popular audio file formats. This interface makes your D/A Converter an UPnP / DLNA Renderer unit, which is connected to your LAN via an Ethernet cable. A typical use case looks like this:
– To your network you have connected a NAS (Network Attached Storage) or a computer with audio files shared on the network.
– On the same network there is the D/A Converter with the Ethernet interface.
– An application on your phone or tablet controls the playback of files to the D/A Converter.
The nice thing of such a setup is that it can be controlled from any device and the audio files can reside on any other (or the same) device.
It is also possible to stream the files on the phone or tablet directly to the D/A Converter. This makes it simple to share the D/A Converter amongst several users with their individual playback devices.
The technical details of the Ethernet interface:
– UPnP AV 2.0 / DLNA
– plays and decodes common audio formats from HTTP streams
– resolution up to 32-bit, sampling rate up to 192kHz (DSD in preparation)
– support for gapless playback
– bit-perfect data transmission
– 2-channel asynchronous endpoint with external clocking for jitter-free playback
– Supports these formats: WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, MP3, AAC
The Ethernet interface can be built into the Weiss D/A Converters, namely: DAC202, Medea, Medus, DAC1, DAC2, Minerva.